Municipal Electrical Aggregation

Overview and Frequently Asked Questions

New residents to the village or residents who have moved within town need to note that there is a choice when it comes to the supply of your electrical service.  Com-Ed will provide the meters, billing, etc., but residents can select who supplies the electricity. After signing up for electrical service with Com-Ed you may also choose who supplies the electricity.

Following the passage of a voter referendum in November 2012, the Village of Manteno contracted to procure lower-cost electric supply for residents and small businesses.

 The Village is extending its electric aggregation program to October 2024.  The new company will be Eligo Energy, beginning October 2021. 

There is no enrollment fee to join, and no early termination fee to leave the program.

Anyone who wishes to enroll in the program may do so by calling:   1-815-770-7557 asking for the Village of Manteno rate.   Email questions  to: 

Please note: No one will ever come to your home or call to enroll you in the Village’s program. Should you receive such a call or visit from a person purporting to represent the Village, Eligo Energy, or ComEd, take the solicitor’s information and contact the Illinois Commerce Commission at   

Never reveal your ComEd account information to solicitors who say they represent the Village or ComEd.

More Info

The Illinois Commerce Commission offers more information about energy deregulation in Illinois and energy supply choices at

Electric Account

For questions about your electric account, do not call Village Hall; call the Village of Manteno aggregation program supplier, Eligo Energy at 815-770-7557.

Additional Assistance

If you require additional assistance, call NIMEC at 800-856-3404 to leave your question and callback number. You will be contacted within 24 hours regarding the issue.

Electrical Outage

To report an electrical outage, or for questions pertaining to your ComEd bill, call ComEd at


How can I enroll?

Eligible residential or small business customers will receive a letter in the mail from the Village of Manteno regarding the action required to participate in the program.  There are three types of letters:

1)  Opt-Out Letter – These customers will be enrolled automatically unless they choose to opt out by following the instructions in the letter.  The rate will be equal to the monthly ComEd published rate.

2)  Informative Only or Opt-in Letter – These customers can enroll by calling 1-815-770-7557.

3) Return to ComEd Service Notice – There is a very small group that are currently enrolled with aggregation supplier MC Squared but will be moved back to ComEd.  They need to do nothing; they are still considered a part of the program.  In September they can expect to receive a second letter from ComEd confirming their drop.

What is an eligible resident or small commercial account?

Any resident who is currently with ComEd and has not already switched to an Alternative Retail Electric Supplier (ARES) or who is not enrolled in a special Residential Real-Time Pricing (RRTP) program is eligible, and small commercial accounts are eligible. You must also have a residence or business located within the Village limits.

What is a “small commercial account?”

A small commercial account is a commercial account that consumes less than 15,000 kWh per year.

Will I receive two bills, one from ComEd and another from the new supplier?

No. ComEd will continue to bill you for electric supply, delivery and taxes. ComEd delivers electricity, and will continue to bill you for that, but they no longer supply it. They will pass along the fees you pay for the supply of your energy to the new supplier.

Whom do I call if I have service problems?

Always call ComEd with reports of outages or downed power lines at 800-334-7661. For questions about your supply, you can call the customer service number for Eligo Energy. This will be listed under “Electric Supply Services” on your ComEd bill.

If I am automatically enrolled in the program,can I leave the program later?

Yes, you can vacate the program at any time move your account back to the default ComEd rate service, or to another Supplier. There is no early termination fee to leave.

I am enrolled in low-income assistance program. Will that be affected?

No. If you currently receive assistance via PIPP or LIHEAP, that status will not change and you can continue to get these benefits for your ComEd bill.

I’m on ComEd’s budget-billing plan. Will that change?

No. If you are currently on the budget-billing plan, you will remain on that plan.

Can I still have my payment automatically deducted from my bank account?

Yes. The way you pay your ComEd bill will not change.

Will someone come to my home or call to sign me up?

No. You need to do nothing to automatically be enrolled in the program. If someone calls or visits your home claiming to be the Village’s power supplier, please file a complaint with the ICC at

Is my electric supply at greater risk now that deregulation has opened markets to many new suppliers?

No. By law, ComEd remains the Provider of Last Resort (POLR), so if there is an issue with securing electric supply, ComEd is required to deliver, regardless.